Wednesday 13 July 2011

Allige Alli, Pujege Puje

Quick post, since I'm leaving tonight for the Koppal district where I will stay for a couple of days to visit some villages and talk to some SHGs, and I don't know when next I will have a chance to write here.
The trip will include two nights traveling on a train, I'm very curious to see how it will be! Not only that actually, I really don't know what to expect from Koppal. But then again, I like surprises :)

But before taking the train, I will go to a little tour of Bangalore since I'll also leave the office a bit early. This will include a Krishna temple of which I don't remember the name, and a Safari! Can't wait for that, will take loads of pictures and upload them as soon as I can.


Here everything is going well, I have a daily routine now and feel very comfortable. I even see some foreigners around sometimes, I am shocked all the times just as I guess the natives here are when they see me!

During the past few days Mr R's cousin came to visit and last night we had a really good chat - he explained me a lot about the Hindu religion and I found it very fascinating. Also we talked about their believes in past lives and reincarnation (in which I actually believe as well), and he said that nowadays there are kinds of hypnosis that let you find out who you were on your past life. I don't really believe in hypnosis, but it is still an interesting story.
Then before saying goodnight, he asked me 'So why India?', I replied 'I don't know!'. So he joked 'Maybe in your past life you were Indian!'. I laughed, but thinking about it I realized that it would explain many things!!

Anyway this is kind of a lame post, but still shows I'm alive and doing well, at least for now! Will update you soon on my experience in Koppal.




PS: If any of you was wondering, the title is referred to the agricultural labour migrants that from their villages move to Koppal district to work during the right seasons. It means 'From here they go with empty hand without money, after three months they return with empty hand'. This is due to the fact that all their profit goes to food, rent, clothes and other basic tools for survival while they are away. Zero to zero stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment