Saturday 9 July 2011

Government's Work is God's Work

The title of the blog is officially wrong, I booked my ticket to go to Mumbai on the 30 of July to visit a friend of mine that lives there, very excited!
Besides that, nothing much has happened in the past couple of days. Went around quite a lot alone yesterday because I had some commissions to make, amazed I am managing to do it by myself!

Today it was the opposite instead.
A couple of days ago I was supposed to move in a women hostel, much closer to the office than Mr R.'s house, but before taking any decision I wanted to talk with them and see what they thought. Mr R. and his wife were leaving that very night to go on holiday in Greece, leaving me with their daughter Madhui and granddaughter (the four years old I told you about). They all said that it was a pleasure to have me here and that they would love if I stayed longer, so since I also kind of got used to this place and like everyone I decided to stay here.
They leave me very free to do whatever I want, although it's not quite the same of being proper alone... So this morning for example I went 'shopping' with Madhui, her daughter and a guy that works here (who by the way is 22, been working here for 7 years, and will get married in 3 months): she basically took me to the Oxford St of Bangalore, when all I wanted to see was Brick Lane! If you know what I mean :) There's also way too many Levi's shops here, it's following me!!
We didn't stay long also because I wasn't very interested in doing any shopping, so they just showed me around and I took some pictures. After lunch I felt a bit unsatisfied so I decided to take a stroll
alone in the area around here, where I saw there was a lot going on and seemed very interesting. But then again, they didn't trust me to go all by myself and sent someone to follow me!! ahah I really didn't like it, but I admit I felt a bit safer to take my camera out. Recently when I am alone I never know if I can use it or not, also because being a foreigner is usually enough to capture everyone's attention and the various beggars wanting money. I'm coping much better now with that though, and everyone is always very helpful and nice - yes I ask for informations a lot.
It's probably better this way, I might be a bit dangerous to be left alone around, although I am perfectly conscious at all times on what I am doing and for sure would never put myself in any problematic situation - maybe only to get a good snap ;) .
Besides everything, I'm glad I stayed here, they always make me feel very welcome and make sure that I am happy. The family is simple and they're all very close to each other, I got to talk a lot with Madhui recently and although we have very different takes on life we get along well.
Anyway, I'll stop bore you with my randomness and upload some pictures I took today or recently.













(Mr. Edwin!)


C

No comments:

Post a Comment