Monday 11 July 2011

A Little Care Makes Accidents Rare


Yesterday I've been in heaven and hell in one day.
I did again one of those 1 day tours, which was absolutely amazing. We visited three temples in Shravanabelagola, Halebeedu and Belur, with a such a beautiful landscape that I felt like I was in a film - never seen so many palm trees in my life!
Also, I met once again a lovely family with whom I spent the day: an Indian lady, her mother, brother, her Dutch husband and their two daughters.




Then, on the way back to Bangalore, we saw a car accident (or what was left of it) in the highway. I looked out and saw first one body laying on his side in the middle of the road, with some people poking it with their foot to see if he was alive. Then from the side window I noticed the various mopeds and helmets,followed by a corpse full of blood clearly dead. I was a bit shocked and surprised. I mean, I thought I wouldn't have reacted like that - we see these kind of scenes everywhere nowadays: videogames, news, films, etc... But then seeing a breathless body laying on the ground full of blood so close to you is different. Or at least it was for me. Then I thought of who they could have been and their families, who probably are very poor and just lost their only source of income.
I also feel bad because I kind of 'joked' about it in an early post...
Anyway, apparently it was a car that on a rush and without paying enough attention hit 3 scooters and killed all of their drivers.

Changing the subject, work is going good, in a couple of days I will go to Koppal to to visit some schools and villages, attending also a couple of the SHG (Self Help Group) meetings. I've developed some pictures I took of the kids at the creches so that hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to bring them there and show them to them, quite looking forward to it. Oh, if you'd like to know more about the project I'm working on here's an article written by Sampark's Secretary: Devadasi Dilemma In Koppal.

Reading so many past reports I realized how some very small donations made such a big difference in people lives, for example providing a year education to a kid for just some $100, in a place where having basic education means getting away from slums or your uncle's bed... I'd like to do my bit and advertise this opportunity the more I can, and if this blog would end up helping someone it would be absolutely great. It's a great organization that is helping so many families in so many different ways, so if you would be interested in doing your bit just click here.

C

PS: I realized I am forgetting my English! You might have noticed reading my nonsense, hope it is still understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment